Sunday, January 30, 2022

 Here is my 2021 Top Un-Ten. Why is mine different? Because tolerance, diversity, and inclusiveness should extend to music, everyone should be included, and because it’s damn hard to be successful at music, or any type of art. This is what I listened to this year. Some I liked better than others, but it’s all good. All of it. Some of the albums in the #1’s, like Dar, Liz, Sleater-Kinney, and Tune-Yards I didn't review, but just bought for my own fun. My list is mostly top albums, with a favorite song listed for each, but Vista Blue, Rich Arithmetic, The Big Believe, and The Airport 77's songs are just singles.


Enjoy! I look forward to what 2022 has in store musically, as well.


#1


Dar Williams - I’ll Meet You Here - "Sullivan Lane"


Sleater-Kinney - Path Of Wellness - "Worry With You"


Liz Phair - Soberish - "Spanish Doors"


Neil Young - Barn - "Heading West"


New Sincerity Works - Heirloom Qualities - "Person Of Interest"


Chris Church - Game Dirt - "Trying"


Tune-Yards - Sketchy -"Hold Yourself"


The Speed Of Sound - Museum OF Tomorrow - "The Day The Earth Caught Fire"


The Brothers Steve - Dose - "Better Get Ready"


Vista Blue - "Back to the Summer Olympics"


The Airport 77s - "Losers Win" 


The Big Believe - "Doin' My Utmost"


Rich Arithmetic - "You Are Always Right"


The Forty Nineteens - New Roaring Twenties - "I’m Always Questioning Days"


Sorrows - Love Too Late... the real album - "What I Used To Know"


Petrified Max - Year Gone By - "Contracupid"


Dolph Chaney - This Is Dolph Chaney - "My Good Twin"


Nick Frater - Earworms - "Buggin' Out"



2#


The Grip Weeds - DiG - "Little Black Egg"


The Stan Laurels - There Is No Light Without The Dark - "Red-Handed Puppet"


Spygenius - Blow Their Covers - "Queen Of Eyes"


Jim Basnight with The Rockinghams - Makin' Bacon - "Hello Mary Jane"


John Hiatt with the Jerry Douglas Band - Leftover Feelings - "All the Lilacs in Ohio"


Johnathan Pushkar - Compositions - "Junior’s Farm"


Danny Wilkerson - Wilkerson - "Let It Go Tonight"


Rich Arithmetic - "Saving Sunset (Last Surf of the Day)" b/w "Boards on the Rocks"


The Lunar Laugh - Nighthawks! - "Welcome To The World"



#3


Lannie Flowers - Home - "My Street"


The Bablers - Psychadilly Circus - "I Hope It Wouldn’t Rain Tomorrow"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive