Friday, September 30, 2022

 Lannie Flowers

Flavor of the Month Remixes

Big Stir Records


This bonus CD comes with the vinyl version of the album, and this review is for the remixes only as they aren't available commercially, just with the LP. My review of the original version still stands. If anything, these songs are even more emotional now, and “Summer Blue” is just wonderful.


I have an untrained ear for remixes; I'm not an audiophile. While I hear many more instruments, like guitars, higher in the mix than before, what comes through the most is how loud it sounds now, mixed for the radio and other media services.


And it all sounds fine. It's a good reason to revisit this album, and no matter what version you have, I’d pick this up. You can't ever go wrong with great pop, no matter how it’s mixed or remixed.


Andrea Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive