Thursday, March 7, 2024

 The Cynz are something of a new band for me. I heard their singles last year, loved what I heard, and am glad there's more arriving this year. The first new single is “Crow Haired Boys.”


Cyndi Dawson, the lead singer, was kind enough to answer a few questions for me.



Andrea Weiss: Who’s singing lead on the song?


Cyndi Dawson: I sing the lead.



AW: Who’s in the band?


CD: Henry Seiz - lead and rhythm guitars, Dave U. Hall on bass, Mike Wretched - drums



AW: What’s it about?


CD: It reflects on my days in the clubs in NYC - mostly Danceteria and all the punks with the dyed black Mohawks and sprayed up spiky hair. So many burnt out on cocaine and musicians at night, office workers by day. Leaving the clubs in the wee hours of the morning to the brutal reality of every day life.



AW:  I wish there were more 4-on-the-floor rockers like this today. Were you influenced by anyone while writing or recording it?


CD: I’m only ever influenced by myself while writing songs, but the music is always the various influences of myself and Henry’s musical taste.



AW: Will it be on your upcoming album?


CD: Yes. It’s the opening track on our fifth release ( and our first on Jem Records) called Little Miss Lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive